Friday, February 29, 2008

Our ex-Vice President, Dan Quayle

Dan Quayle quotes are like food for me. I get a craving to read some of his crazy comments and attempts at intellectuality every once in a while. Here are some of my favorites:

1. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

2. Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.

3. We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward.

4. We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe.

5. What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.

6. One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.

7. I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good judgements in the future.

8. I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.

9. I want to be Robin to Bush's Batman.

10. I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.

10. It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

11. It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago.

12. Votes are like trees, if you are trying to build a forest. If you have more trees than you have forests, then at that point the pollsters will probably say you will win.


How that man became Vice President, I'll never know.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wait. Was that for real? He sounds like my incompetent highschool history teacher, and trust me, that is not a good thing.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

That is so funny. He sounds a little like Bush. It's just really not a good thing to be in public office with those kind of speaking skills. That's why Romney would have been so refreshing, ahhh, I can still mourn right?

Anonymous said...

Holy poop!!! It's a good thing I get to work before anyone else really does (I have to ride the dang bus into town at 5am!) because I was laughing super loud at each one of those!