Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Floors finally finished!

It has been a long and slow week to make sure this floor finally got done. The guy I ended up hiring turned out to be really flaky and wouldn't show up until 5:00 in the afternoon most days. Than he would work a couple of hours and leave. Anyway we had to stay three extra nights in the hotel than was originally planned because of this. It is nice to not have lenoleum anymore. I bought some paint yesterday. I am going to paint the kitchen when Nells starts preschool in a month. White on the crown molding and then yellow on the walls. I am having a hard time figuring out what color yellow to put on because it has to go along with my olive colored walls in the family room. Maybe a yellow with a hind of green. Tricky. Anyone have any suggestions?







4 comments:

kelleyplus said...

I can't believe the difference! Wow, so beautiful Regan. Way to stick with the job and get it done baby!

Amanda said...

it looks great!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

So nice, seriously a huge difference. I don't know about the walls, that's a hard one. I think a very soft but not pastely And i love that antique table.

andrea said...

It looks perfect. That is so cool, I love your house. I think a soft yellow would be pretty, but I am crazy for color so I might do a brighter buttercream color.

Like this....
http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/livingroom6-de-4794842.jpg