Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finally a color!




I have been to both Lowes and Home Depot searching through their thousands of color paint choices and narrowed my search down to 6 choices. I have had the color swatches up on my wall for a month now debating which color works the best. All of the choices are in the olive green family and have very warm tones to try and pick up on the cherry wood floors and moldings. I am close to deciding on a color and can't wait to start painting. Noelle will most likely make it very difficult. She loves paints and getting into messy things. Our ugly rocker recliner broke last week and I was in a huge hurry to go shopping and buy a new one. I went to RC Willey and they really didn't have anything that I liked. Actually they did have this beautiful LazyBoy that I really wanted but it was $520 which is way too much. I ended up getting a Lane brand recliner. I absolutely did not want anything remotely like microfiber. This Lane recliner was 50% off of $600 and a great deal. It was a beige fabric and looked decent enough so I impulsively bought it. When we brought it home it was horrible. I don't know what I was thinking. I just was in such a rush at RCWilley and picked the first thing I saw. The color didn't go with the rest of the room and it seriously looked like something that was just bought at the Salvation Army. I think it looks 60's or 70's. It's sad to think that I have to live with such an ugly thing for so long. It's funny because Pete usually doesn't have an opinion on furniture and decor and likes pretty much anything. He also trusts my judgement. When he first saw the chair he said "Wow that looks pretty ghetto what a random choice." Thats when you know it is really bad. Oh well i'll just throw a blanket over it when we have visitors.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't take it back? Just tell them you changed your mind. Get painting!! I can't wait to see the room. If you want any painting tips call me. I've painted way too many rooms in my short 27 years of life...

Amanda said...

so apparently i know nothing about art since all of those colors look the same to me :)
sorry about the recliner- did you try to return it?

kelleyplus said...

I can completely relate to the buyers regret. I've done it too many times in my life! All the colors look great!

annieq84 said...

I'm with Amanda. Hopefully it was just the flash in the picture taken but the only one that looks remotely different is the bottom one. So any of the other 5 are great pics. I'd volunteer to help but I don't think baby Brower would appreciate it :)

andrea said...

That stinks about the chair! Maybe you can take it back?? For the paint, I can't really see the colors either, I think your flash changed the color value. I would just go with the most bold one. I always used to want something bold and then chicken out and go a few shades lighter....it never looks the way I want it! Devin always says you can always paint over it if you hate it!! So go for the one you think and if you hate it, try a different one :) Your house looks amazing, I really hope we can make it there in August!