Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dark Knight Reaction

Well, last Saturday we saw the Dark Knight, and I've had a few days to think about it. I can safely say that the Dark Knight is simply just an awesome movie, maybe nearly flawless in my humble opinion. Performances across the board were amazing, the script was sooo good, the cinematography was great, the action sequences were cool, the editing was fantastic, and there were some themes that definitely enhanced this movie beyond it's genre I think.

If you haven't seen it yet, prepare yourself for something that is very dark, and brutal at times. Although, it was never over the top, and did not glorify the violence that takes place. It was brilliant in that way.

It's true what they say about Heath Ledger. He was absolutely amazing, and by that I mean that he was crazy, and did something with that character that I did not know could be done, let alone by him of all people.

But don't take my word for it.....GO see it
Overall rating: 9.5/10

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty high marks. I thought it was a really good movie. Heath Ledger did not perform in an Oscar-worthy fashion (in my opinion), but because he's dead, he'll win for sure. I did not like the girl they had replacing Katie Holmes, although I liked the idea of getting rid of her. Other than that, I agree that it was a fabulous movie!

Steve

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Steve-O, I MUST disagree, Heath did an amazing job with a very dark, challenging part. I feel sad that people are taking a little away from the work he did on the movie because he died. I thought he was a tremendous loss to the acting world. As for the movie, loved it. There were so many moments that things were perfect, like I couldn't wait to see what was next. Like everyone said the action sequences in the last bourne movie were the best, Dark Knight blew those out of the water in my opinion. I also did not like Maggie Gyllenhal as much and was glad she got the boot. It's just not her character type to play that part but I do love her in a lot of other movies. Can't wait to see it again, although it is very hard to watch considering the dark reality of the situation.

andrea said...

I love the review....I haven't seen it yet, but I think I'll love it.

andrea said...

Tell Regan I miss her!!! (and of course I miss you and nelson as well :)

Amanda said...

its time to update kiddos.