Thursday, May 1, 2008

Office stories Part 2.......

So, we have a co-worker in our forecasting department who has a way with words. He likes to speak his mind. Here are a few samples:

1. Background: My co-worker goes to work out every day at the gym, and loves to invite us to come along. Quote: "Pete you should really come work out with me. That way your wife would want to touch you more often."

2. Background: A young girl brings a card around for all of us to sign. It's for our boss' secretary because it's National Admin Day.
Quote: "Kelly, is that you or the card that smells?..(He then realizes what he has just said and the next two words come stumbling out)..Not bad"
This poor girl stands there stunned, and doesn't say a word. He tried to explain later that he smelled something pleasant, and basically wanted to ask her if she was wearing perfume. Later, with her sitting just over one aisle from us, he explained that he gets nervous when he's talking to cute girls. We told him to just keep on digging that pit he's in.

3. Background: We are sitting in a meeting with our new boss getting to know each other a little bit, and informing him of what we do(if you'll remember back to my previous post, my first boss got the boot shortly after I was hired on). Our new boss informs us that we'll be moving down to the second floor which has a nicer bathroom.
Quote: "I don't like the automatic toilets down there because they flush before I can turn around and admire my business."

There are too many for me to remember at this point...I'm sure there will be another post in the future with more famous quotes from our good friend in the forecasting department.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

All I can say is Wow...

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe this. You need to keep a little book of these next to your desk or something and just post those. The whole "turn around and admire my business" line was golden!!! My co-workers came to read that because i was laughing so hard.

You and your guitar playing is sadly missed along with marathon watchings of movies and marathon game playings.
-marc

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

So that really sounds like "The Office", like you need to send some of that material to NBC so they can put it to good use. I love it, so funny.